Our Outstanding Graduates initiative takes a peek into the lives of some very extraordinary people and examines how Catholic education at our board helped to shape their future. This annual initiative will feature one graduate, through a nomination process, from each of our nine Catholic high schools.
- The initiative will run on an annual basis.
- The Communications and Public Affairs Department will accept nominations via an on-line nomination form. Only complete nomination forms will be considered.
- A complete nomination will include the following:
- Name and contact information for the nominee
- Name and contact information for the nominator
- Brief bio outlining the nominees successes career, volunteer, academic, extra-curricular
- Quote from the graduate about how Catholic education influenced their lives
- A high-resolution photograph
- Consent to use the information and photograph on website, media and in publications for the board.
- A selection committee made up of system leaders will review the nominations, and propose recipients. The proposed candidates will be brought to the board's Executive Leadership Committee (ELC) for final approval.
- The deadline for nominations will be January 31st of each year.
- One graduate from each of the Simcoe Muskoka Catholic District School Board’s nine high schools will be featured publicly.
- The featured graduates will be celebrated during Catholic Education Week each year.